Wednesday, February 8, 2017

All our revelations
are of those truths we tell ourselves in mudra repetition
wringing our hands
while other stories move our tongues
what poetry turns out our digestion
what song reveals our flaming dragon disease
breathing fire from colon to comma
destroying the towers 
my build of bricks
until I speak your truth
because it is no different
until I reach 
without permission
into your heart
blood salvation
each pursuit each obsession each turn of a page each new mouth
kisses and forgets
sucks itself
wishes for other words
the world we inhabit is so small
and the edges 
are poems
blake and beckett both found truth
in shit
the undigested flower 
is not worth praise
when I regret 
it is not missed action
but lost attention
that a particular shape of pouted lip 
or sigh 
was not forever watched
impossibly 
and regret of the impossible
is not regret at all
but resentment
what else is memory 
but returned mail
so the poems continue
with birds or windows, with the unnamed you, with the battlecry of longing, with lies on lies
I have no singularity
no window to a sole thing
no illusion
but desire
desire
a hungry ghost
a phantom pain
a scar fading
a falling drop of venom
my watchword is "no"
and love has come out of it
I am so sure death will not come for me
that I wait 
whole seconds 
to devour my love



No comments:

Post a Comment