Thursday, February 16, 2017

an accident with teeth

I bit through the apple
I bit through the dough
I bit through my finger
I bit through your faces
I bit through your names
I bit through your demographic
your condemnations
your sounds in the moment
I bit through all of you
 and all of me
again and again
finding the gold purity
of discovery
and escape
flooding my self
with my self
to endure the birthing
of life and death, of no longer anthropomorphizing
my own heartbeat
but saying
Oh
I bite
have bitten
will bite
louder than the bark
of 30 years
long enough sense for saplings to grow strong
but they have no memory of planting
no sense of past
fragility
they won't
want
old birds
I will nest
in the branches you have dropped
in my awn
awld
twigs
I'll nest
I'll cuckoo
replace myself
with myself
I'll be
at the end
the egg
the root
I never
could

cood

c

All the winds that blow
can't shake my hand
from my trunk
can't rattle

all the birds

from my branches

all the rains

can't cry

my last
 leaf

I'll shimmer and sigh
a song of asteroids
 barren then bejeweled
then barren again

I'll reach to each of you
in turn
and prime
and offer

into eternity
a promise

of a new leaf

I'll cry

for all the flowers
unbeed

let's

make honey

to the sunshine

to the final day

I'll bite you

and the milky way

I'll swallow

with every star

your name

because you said

yes

No comments:

Post a Comment