Thursday, June 27, 2013

fragments - fish caught in the pond

indigestion at 4 am
the magic, repeating hour
how would I shape my words at 7am?

my feet have tread more carpet than rock

I should work to honor what I have

If I ceased all the activities I secretly regret, as wasteful:
what would I have left?


this cluttered house is closing on me..

If I returned myself to stillness
how long til my brain ceased begging for 'more'

I'm disappointed in people
can I still love them?

my teeth are trying to die,
are they sending signals to my body?
or receiving signals from my heart?
or are they only teeth?

I'd love to dip into a cold lake
naked
NOW
and emerge, to lay and sleep drying in the hot air

So many memories cause me to curse aloud,
surprising myself with the violence and sound
what kind of a person
builds such a history

I love gardening
digging
planting
shaping
learning the names and nature of things planned and accidental
I love it
but avoid it routinely
barely do it
habit trumps love
evolution is not progress

No comments:

Post a Comment