Wednesday, June 26, 2013

examining a painting

I know enough to look for symmetries
blue in opposite corners
green in the others
I know to look at color
warmer colors as the eye moves in
toward the center.
Look for the center: I know this;
look for light, I know - and pools of white
prop up the thick material greens, and reds
blood in the water
or fire, hemmed in
Imagine what stories the abstractions tell: I've learned this.
And, I know what comes naturally: pareidolia,
finding faces in the fire; the sea; the mountains of paint
I've learned to find god in the mountains
burning
too great to frame
I've learned that the author is dead
or beautiful
And if figures dance in the textures of the paint
I've taught myself to dance as they do,
embody their sinew and motion
I'm discovering how to dissolve as they do


No comments:

Post a Comment