Monday, January 14, 2013

Please answer aloud

I thought we might engage in an exercise.  I'll get to know you, and then I can speak to your heart.
Please consider carefully, and answer aloud.
Are you loved?

How will you be remembered?

I see.

Cookies or cake?

Please kiss someone, then tell me about that, briefly.

It isn't raining here, and I'm running out of time to have children.

I often long for a particular person, and imagine she and I could have a happy life.
I just heard a car pass, engine like an earthquake, far away.
I dream of her.  On the street though I'll see someone new and they'll fill my thoughts a while.
At home I try to understand and love the one I'm with, or act with love.  There's sadness in the conflict.  But life is like that.
I'd like some water.
I spend less time reading than I'd like to.
My writing isn't planned or structured like I'd prefer.
I don't believe much in it, as a meaningful thing.

Of course I haven't heard your answers at all.  I'm sorry.



              I've spent a moment regretting that,
but of course, even that has nothing to do with you, or anyone.  We'll never really touch, you and I.  I'll never understand you.   Your words are wasted here.  And mine are like a filthy cloak.

If I told you all my dreams,
we'd still be strangers.


No comments:

Post a Comment