Monday, January 14, 2013

how did you come here?

How have you arrived here?
Were you anticipating these words?  Do you approve of them?
Where will you go, when you have left?

How can I help you?  To know me?  To know yourself?  Am I so ambitious?  Are you?
Can you help me to be content?  I might stop writing, then, at last.  Or would contentment lead to words - 
more truth; more clarity; something we could share; something you could carry with you, to read when unsure?

Shall I proclaim the world as beautiful?  Shall I elaborate?
I've cut my thumb, on the jagged teeth of a tape dispenser.  Is the blood beautiful?  It is shocking.  Red.
Beads of red.  For you, I will make them into jewelry.  They are like rubies.

And the vegetable korma I eat is like an island, green, rising from a white sea.  Rice like a white sea.
Where have you seen a white sea?  Can you see it now?

Is it rice for you?  
I can give you so little, but perhaps now you have seen a white sea.
I can not find you.  I can give you little.
To me you are a dancer, one in particular, who danced as she tended bar.
To me you are cold, in a black coat, in the cold fog of a Philadelphia evening.
You have just passed by my window.
I can not begin to guess you.

Please.


No comments:

Post a Comment